| Srikar Kashyap . Author:Souriguha2. :Ambrett at Flickr3. . . |
Author:Alosh Bennett at Flickr6. Author:Ashok Raj88, CC BY-SA 3.0,
Hyderabad is known as The City of Pearls, as once it was the only global centre for trade of large diamonds, emeralds and natural pearls. Many traditional and historical bazaars are located around the city. The Laad Bazaar situated near Charminar has shops that sell pearls, jewellery and products such as silverware, Nirmal, Kalamkari paintings and artefacts, bidriware, lacquer bangles studded with stones, saris, handwoven materials in silk and cotton. The city also houses famous historical sites including Charminar, UNESCO Asia Pacific Heritage site of the Chowmahalla Palace, Salar Jung Museum and art galleries, libraries, sports complexes, museums and theatres.
Another major visiting place in Hyderabad is Ramoji film city is the biggest integrated film city in the world.
Hyderabad is one of the most visited cities especially by tourists from outside India and the tourism places are many : Few famous tourist places of Hyderabad.
1. Mecca Masjid : It is a 400 years old Mosque which has been carved out of a single Granite stone , it took five years and 8000 workers to complete the construction of the Mosque.
2. Charminar : Charminar is a Deccan style monument which is usually used to represent the city of Hyderabad , It is a unique monument with four graceful minarets , it was built by Muhammed Quli Qutb Shah in the memory of victims of plague.
3. Qutb Shahi Tombs ; It is a fine example of Deccan architecture with large minarets, huge domes, delicate marble designs and multiple inner passages , it is home to the tombs of the rulers of Qutb Shahi rules.
4. Golconda fort : Golconda Fort is one of the most magnificent fortress complexes in India. Seated on a hill on one side and spiraling fort on the other, its location and internal design made it one of the strongest forts and masterpieces in India.
5. Birla Mandir :Hindu temple made of white marble located on top of a hill overlooking the city.
6. Sri Lakshminarasimha Swamy Temple : Located 60 km from Hyderabad is the Hindu Temple of Narasimha Swamy, an incarnation of Lord Vishnu.
1. Chowmahalla Palace
2. Falaknuma Palace
3. King Kothi palace
4. Purani Haveli
1. Hussain sagar : It is a man-made lake famous for the 19-metre tall statue of Buddha in the middle of the lake. Located on its banks is Tank Bund which consists of gardens and statues of famous personalities. Boating and water sports are a regular feature at the lake.
2. Shamirpet Lake : It is situated 24 km north of Secunderabad. It attracts bird watchers and weekend picnickers. There is also a deer park belonging to the state government near the lake.
Durgam Cheruvu (the secret lake) , saroornagar lake.
Salar Jung Museum : Largest museum of one man collection of antiques.
City museum , Andra pradesh archaeological museum , Surendrapuri , Birla science museum , Birla Planetorium.
Gardens and Parks
NTR parks (36 acres) , Indira park (76 acres) , Lumbini park , Lotus pond.
Wild Life :
Nehru Zoological park , Mrugavani national park , KBR national park
Shopping malls and bazzars
Ramoji film city : The biggest integrated film city of the world spread over 1500 acres.
Ravindra barathi , Neclace road , laad Bazzar.
Location : Telangana , India
Amazing Facts :
1. The Charminar located in the city of Hyderabad is one of the most recognized monument of the world and it is believed that Muhammad Quli Qutb Shah built the monument in the memory of victims of Plague.
2. The Durgam cheruvu is known as a secret lake because it is located hidden between Jubli hills and Madhapur